ok, let's start doing it!
1. cut out the hearts with your pattern on your favorite fabric. i used a regular canvass cloth on one side, and a pink flowered chinese cotton fabric for the other side. i use a dermatograph pencil to draw a pattern on fabrics because they're easier and more comfortable to hold.
2. pin right sides of fabrics together
3. sew the hearts together from the wrong side, using 1/4" allowance leaving a small opening for turning. if you sew it by hand, like i did, you better backstitch it. long process, but your stitches will be strong.
4. clip curves and turn. stuff heart. i used this fiber fill padding, which i bought by the meter, and cut it in small strips. i use a chopstick to push my stuffing inside.
5. slipstitch opening. my mistake. i should have closed it after i was almost finished with the blanket-stitch around the edge of the heart, because it was difficult to hide the knots of my crochet thread.
6. blanket-stitch around heart with the big needle and crochet thread color of your choice.
7. the uninteresting part is finally over! the rosy side of the heart.
8. the plain canvass side.
9. cut abaca twine to the length of your choice, or you can also use ribbons, or a florist's wire for handle. thread in some buttons and beads. secure handle ends at the top of the heart. accessorize heart - embroider, or sew letters and buttons, you can go wild and crazy!
it was dark and gloomy today, and not good for indoor photographs. so i took my heartie out on the clothesline for a photo op with the neighbor's clothes.